HCS was selected by Seymour Whyte to provide Engineering Surveying Services to the Chandler Highway Upgrade project. Our roles in the project included Survey Management, Earthworks and survey for the new Chandler Highway Bridge.
- widened Chandler Highway to 6 lanes
- restored the Chandler Highway heritage bridge to a walking and cycling path and into its existing condition
- upgraded the Heidelberg Road and Chandler Highway intersection
- added new traffic lights at the Chandler Highway and Yarra Boulevard intersection
- built safer cycling and walking paths connecting to the Main Yarra Trail
- landscaped around the Yarra River
- improved stormwater drainage and lighting.